Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe
If you are looking for vegan breakfast ideas, other than oats, quinoa is the best option. Toppings so diverse that you will be spoilt for choice. A refreshing and satisfying vegan breakfast in Dubai to jumpstart your day. Gluten-free, low-carb and protein-rich, this dish hardly takes 5 minutes of prep time. It is ready to serve in 25 minutes!
- Quinoa, 1 cup
- Dairy-free milk, like almond milk, 2 cups
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- A handful of dates (which are Dubai delicacies as the national fruit)
- Mangoes, berries, apple, banana, according to choice
- Cinnamon, coconut flakes, a drizzle of maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- Mix salt, vanilla and almond milk in a pot and bring the mixture to boil.
- Turn down the heat and add quinoa. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until the consistency looks creamy (thick but pourable).
- Remove the pot from the flame and let it cool.
- Take a bowl, add 4-5 tbs of the cooked mixture and mix with a cup of almond milk.
Serving Suggestions (2-3 Serves)
- The easiest way to eat quinoa is with fresh fruits. The perfect morning meal!
- For a summer-y delight, add juicy slices of mangoes and sprinkle them with coconut flakes and hemp seeds.
- A velvety dollop of coconut cream paired with chocolate chips and nuts is the best vegan breakfast in Dubai.
- You can make a large batch of the quinoa breakfast bowl without toppings. You can store it in the fridge for a few days. You do not even have to cook this every day.
- You can also enjoy this protein vegan breakfast with sweet condiments like cloves, nutmeg, ginger and maple syrup.
- If you do not like to add milk, it is completely fine. The nutritional value does not change much. You will receive all the goodness of add-ons and quinoa itself.