Banana Pancakes Recipe
Whether you want to make a tasty breakfast or host a brunch party, pancakes are necessary. Ripe bananas that make fluffy pancakes are mouth-wateringly good. Streaking down maple syrup and a glob of vegan butter, what a delight! Disclaimer: we are not responsible if you get addicted to the taste.
- A ripe banana (~150g)
- 156g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150ml oat/ almond/soya milk
- 2 tbsp oil (+extra for cooking)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Maple Syrup
- Banana slices
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and turn it to reach a smooth consistency.
- Blending will induce air bubbles. Thus, if you’re mixing by hand, mash the banana first. Next, mix dry and wet ingredients separately. Now, let this rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can grease your pan with a little oil. Once the batter is ready, measure the batter with ⅓ cup and pour the thick batter in rounds.
- Gently flip when bubbles start to form and edges look dry.
- Cook the banana pancakes for about 2 minutes on slow heat and serve hot.
Serving Suggestions (8-10 pancakes)
- The classic combo of butter, maple syrup and banana slice is enough. Most vegans prefer it without any extra toppings or added flavours.
- For an extra twist, you can add vegan yoghurt or whipped cream as per your preference. You can further complement this with fresh fruits on top.
- You can also create a top-notch and unique taste with choco chips and chocolate sauce.
- You can store banana pancakes in the fridge for 5 days and in the freezer for almost 2 months!
- For a healthier choice, swap regular flour with a gluten-free option.