Gluten-Free Meal Plan | Vegan Meal Plan Dubai
Nowadays, the gluten-free lifestyle has taken a front seat as people become more health-conscious. A gluten-free diet excludes wheat, rye, and barley, containing the protein gluten.
When looking for a gluten-free or vegan meal plan in Dubai, you don’t have to worry much. There are some excellent restaurants and cafes for weight loss meal plans in Dubai. You can even try some homemade recipes as well.
Celiac disease is the most common form of gluten intolerance. However, gluten also has a negative impact on the health of those with Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. Therefore, having better control over your gluten intake could improve the quality of your life.
Here is your guide to a gluten-free diet and healthier living.
What is Gluten-Free?
Gluten is a type of protein that can be found in grains, with wheat being the most common grain containing gluten. There are two main components in gluten: glutenin and gliadin. Gluten intolerance is typically a result of the body rejecting gliadin.
Foods containing gluten are not allowed on a gluten-free diet. A gluten-free diet entails consuming only naturally gluten-free foods (fruits, vegetables) and items that have been processed (such as bread and pasta).
Going gluten-free is sometimes misunderstood to imply cutting out all carbs. However, many carbohydrate-rich foods, such as rice, potatoes, and beans, are gluten-free.
Why Should You Opt for a Gluten-Free Diet
Going gluten-free has a range of benefits:
- May Help with Digestive Issues
Constipation, bloating, and diarrhea are common symptoms of gluten sensitivity. A gluten-free diet can help improve your digestive health.
- Relieves Symptoms of Celiac Disease
The chronic inflammation caused by celiac disease can be reduced by following a gluten-free diet. A gluten-free diet has been demonstrated in many trials to lower inflammatory indicators, including antibody levels, for people with celiac disease and others.
People with non-celiac gluten intolerance can have minimal inflammation as well. However, it’s not yet apparent whether a gluten-free diet helps lower inflammation in these individuals.
- Boosts Energy
People with celiac disease may suffer fatigue, sluggishness, or what some refer to as “brain fog.” Nutrient deficiencies may be the source of these symptoms linked to gut injury.
An iron deficiency, which is common amongst those with celiac disease, may lead to anemia. If you have celiac disease, switching to a gluten-free diet might help you feel more energized.
- Helps Shed Weight
Foods without gluten can help you in losing weight. A gluten-free diet comprises fruit, vegetables, and lean protein, removing most unhealthy foods from your diet.
Processed “gluten-free” foods such as cakes and pastries should be avoided since they are too calorie-rich. Bear in mind that your mileage may vary with healthy meal plans in Dubai, and it’s best to speak with a nutritionist before getting on any diet.
Gluten-Free Foods You Can Enjoy
Making foods without gluten is not as challenging as it’s made out to be. So long as you have the right ingredients, you can use these recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even an evening snack:
- Protein-Packed Smoothie: These protein-rich smoothies can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer for on-the-go breakfasts that are both nutritious and convenient! They’re vegan and paleo-friendly and very adaptable to suit your every whim.
- Protein Muffins with Chocolate Chips: Make muffins with almond flour instead of wheat flour. These protein muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free, making them a great alternative for a freezer-friendly supper!
- Paleo Fried Rice with Cauliflower and Pineapple: You can whip up this low-carb, nutrient-packed meal in just 20 minutes. Cauliflower and pineapple are filled with nutrients. So treat your taste buds and be more healthy!
- Grilled Quinoa Salad with Tempeh: This BBQ Tempeh salad is packed with high-quality plant protein and bursting with flavor thanks to its quinoa base. Ensure that the tempeh is cultivated and contains no wheat or soy sauce.
Things may get challenging when shifting to a gluten-free diet. Sometimes you may get tempted for a slice of pizza or feel like giving up on the diet. But if you want results, you will need to commit to the diet.
There are several healthy cafes and restaurants that offer vegan meal plans in Dubai.
If you are around the Dubai Abudhabi Al Ain Ajman area, you can order a healthy meal from Soul Sante cafe that keeps you healthy and satisfies your cravings.
Eat healthy. Stay happy!