Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Who would have thought that mushy oatmeal could compete, and possibly win, with a cake? The delicious flavour and fluffy texture of baked oatmeal is a treat to have. The best thing about this dish is that you can have this low-carb vegan breakfast every day!
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup almond milk, at room temp.
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ⅔ cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and get your baking dish. Grease it with some cooking spray. You can use avocado oil or coconut oil for added taste.
- Combine the main dry ingredients — oats, brown sugar and baking powder with flavouring agents — almonds, cinnamon, coconut and salt.
- Add milk, oil and maple syrup to a bowl and whisk it.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. If you are looking for smooth cake consistency, then blend everything.
- Pour the mix into the pan layered with your favourite toppings. Layer and decorate the mix to your heart’s content.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes until the edges look crisp. Stick a knife into the middle. If it comes out pristine clean, your breakfast is ready.
Serving Suggestions (2 Servings)
- A dish is perfect when it embraces all textures. Add coconut flakes, almonds, cashews or walnuts.
- Oatmeal makes up for a major health trend in the US. But the addition of Dubai’s national fruit – Dates, make it deliciously local.
- Top the mixture with your favourite fruits and berries. Make healthy vegan breakfast healthier!
- Make it chocolaty by adding cocoa and chocolate chips.
- Avoid sugar by adding ⅓ cup maple syrup.